We take our pets to the groomer for any number of reasons: To keep their coats shiny and healthy; to remove dirt and debris; to shave or trim fur in hot weather; to acquire a special look; to get nails trimmed, and more. So how do you find the right groomer for your pet’s needs?
We can help!
We’ve put together a list of some things to consider when looking for a groomer.
- Is the groomer conveniently located?
- What hours and days is it open? Do those hours fit with my schedule?
- How much are the services? Do the fees fit into my family budget?
- Can I leave my pet for the day?
- Am I required to leave my pet for the day?
- What special services are available? For example, what is the cost for detangling matted hair, burrs in fur, etc.?
- What do you do to calm pets down? (Some groomers might sedate pets with drugs before grooming.)
- Does the facility feel safe and inviting?
- Are dogs and cats kenneled separately in the facility?
- Do the other animals and owners seem to be relaxed and happy with the services?
If you’re thinking of pet care, you may be thinking of insurance as well. Don’t worry - we have your back. We’ve done the research and we’re here to help.
If you haven’t gotten a pet insurance plan - we can help! We’ve done the research and we’re online and on the phone ready to talk with you about any questions you might have about choosing the right coverage. To chat with one of our team members, call us at 888-890-1944 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Of note: The information provided here is not meant to be a substitute for professional veterinary advice. Always check with a veterinarian you trust before making any major healthcare decisions for your pet family.